UnityPoint Health Staff Pharmacist in Fort Dodge, Iowa
UnityPoint Health - Fort Dodge
FTE: 1.0 (Full-time, 40 hours per week)
Shift: Various shifts Monday-Friday, every 4th weekend rotation
$10,000 Sign-on Bonus
Why UnityPoint Health?
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what’s right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
· Understands and uses all functions of computer systems.
· Ongoing commitment to reducing costs and improving productivity in the pharmacy department.
· Dispenses medications accurately and efficiently for inpatients and outpatients.
· Maintains positive interpersonal skills with patients, family, physicians, managers, staff, community and all constituencies.
· Maintains inventory of supplies and reorders supplies accordingly
· Performs quality control activities on schedule
· Performs other pharmacy-related duties as requested or required
· Assesses medication use for all ages and health conditions.
· Monitors drug therapy and provides drug information per Scope of Service.
· Secures and destroys patient sensitive documents or labels that are not part of the patients record
· Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
· Participates in all aspects of TRMC collaborative practice initiatives, including but not limited to formulary substitutions, kinetic dosing and drug dosing per medical staff orders.
· Serves as a member of the Disruptive Person team which provides safe, prompt intervention when an individual is posing a threat or danger to self, others, and/or property.
· Essential duties of Pharmacy Manager in his/her absence.
· Communicate effectively and appropriately
· Assists Pharmacy Manager with training of technicians-in-training and pharmacist interns
· Demonstrates positive customer services skills.
· Plays an active role in antimicrobial stewardship activities, including regular outreach calls with Infectious Disease staff.
· Performs appropriate documentation of interventions, adverse drug reactions, medication errors, and other documentation as required by the Pharmacy Manager and regulation
· Complies with all policies of the UnityPoint Health System, Trinity Regional Medical Center, and the Pharmacy Department.
B.S. Degree in Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy preferred
Experience with progressive responsibilities and demonstrated leadership abilities in hospital Pharmacy preferred.
Current license to practice Pharmacy in the State of Iowa Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Must demonstrate knowledge and skills required for area of assignment. Must exercise good judgment and maintain good interpersonal skills. Must be able to solve problems, think creatively, communicate effectively and manage changing circumstances. Ability to delegate effectively. Must demonstrate a high level of integrity.
Equipment and supplies include but not limited to: · Regular office equipment which may include computer, telephone, fax machine, audiovisual equipment.
Requisition ID: 2022-124150
Street: 802 Kenyon Rd
Name: 7020 UnityPoint Health Trinity Regional Medical Ctr
FLSA Status: Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org